Our assembly plants are usually situated in the heart of regions closely associated with the modular building industry, not only providing a dedicated skilled workforce but also experienced local supplier bases.
In addition, our sites are also major refurbishment centres that sees our fleet of rental modular buildings prepared to the highest standards to meet each customer’s individual requirements.
Our modular buildings strategies include: -
- Initiatives to introduce “Lean” practices commenced 2009
- Management team in place to drive all changes & improvements
- Workshop area defined into a series of working “Cells”
- Each pair of cells utilises a central “service” area
- Service area contains all equipment, consumables & job specific materials for both cells, significantly reducing wasted “Fetching”, “Walking”, “Waiting” times
- Productivity increases are approaching 20% with further improvements to come
- All bulk materials now delivered to the plant on JIT basis reducing inventory costs & requirements for storage
- Materials delivered to cells using a timed call off system
- All modular bays now moved in & out of the assembly plant on wheels, towed with hand operated electrical Tug units
- Packaging materials all removed prior to delivery to cells & along with other waste is segregated to ensure maximum re-cycling
- All operatives wear colour coded PPE to identify their function, direct workers, indirect, sub-contractors, first aiders etc
- Productivity Improvement Plan in place itemising all areas of potential improvement. This is tracked continuously to measure productivity & cost benefits
- 5S (Sort, Set in order, Shine, Standardise, Sustain) principals in place across the whole site & 8D (Eight disciplines) just introduced