Lordswood School’s Dream Classroom Delivered
Lordswood School’s dream £100k new prize classroom delivered in time for Christmas.
Children from Lordswood School in Birmingham will watch the official opening of their new classroom (which they won in a national competition) on 6th December at midday. They had to design an ideal classroom for the future worth £300k and scooped the prize of a new classroom worth £100k in a national competition Refurb or Rebuild LIVE!.
Three companies donated prizes to the school with Elliott donating the modular classroom, Rhubarbsolutions providing the furniture and Steljes supplying the interactive whiteboard. The Lord Mayor of Birmingham will be conducting the opening ceremony complete with Pipes & Drummers & the local media. Representatives from Elliott will also attend the event.
The classroom is approximately 60m2 plus a lobby and store.
The prize included:
- Design and submission for Planning Application / Building Regulations etc, and all necessary consultation with the School and with Planners to achieve this
- Installation including foundations and electricity plus ICT service connections
- A choice of external claddings (brick, smooth render, cedar or proprietary coloured panel cladding), with internal finishes as the Elliott catalogue and to allow Planning Consent to be achieved
- Making good of external works including a path to unit
- Complete furniture provision provided by Rhubarb Solutions Ltd
- ICT cabling to peripheral outlet points
Refurb and Rebuild Live!