Why use Modular?
Why use modular buildings?
Modular buildings are not what they used to be! An Elliott volumetric solution offers huge flexibility allowing ease of expansion as your business grows and develops. Additional modules can be added in any configuration – outwards or upwards.
The Elliott modular product range is developed utilising a synthesis of ecological ideas coupled with quality materials and sound design concepts. The smallest details are often taken for granted however emphasis on quality, tactility and functionality means that the Elliott modular solution is equal to or surpasses most other designs, while remaining cost effective.
With an Elliott modular building you benefit from:
- Cost certainty - cost effectiveness coupled with financial transparency and no hidden costs
- Service - you can have a turn key solution providing everything from start to finish including a whole host of value added services (VAS) for both your Elliott building and existing facilities
- Programme - rapid deployment, installation and practical completion compared with traditional systems
- Minimal disruption - the disruption to your business during the installation and duration of the site works is minimal
- Flexibility - your building can grow and adapt over time to suit the needs of your business
- Quality - comparable or improved quality compared with traditional systems
- Sustainability - environmentally considerate with reduced life cycle costing
- Longevity - In excess of 60 year design life verified by external consultants
- Warranty - ongoing commitment through market leading warranties for peace of mind
Do you need Planning Permission?
- You require planning permission if your modular building is on site for more than 28 days.
Is your modular building exempt from Building Regulations?
Your building is exempt if it's...
- a temporary building not on site for more than 28 days
- a site sales office not containing sleeping accommodation
- a construction site office not containing sleeping accommodation
- a single storey building <30m2 floor area and >1m from the site boundary
Typical programme example:
Take a typical 100 person Progress® office, without any particularly difficult site enabling works on a greenfield site. After placement of the order, a traditional contractor might take 2 weeks to mobilise and a further 50 weeks to build. A total of 52 weeks. A modular building would typically take 2 weeks to complete detailed design and then 4 weeks to procure and manufacture the modules in the factory during which time enabling works and foundations can be constructed.
Installing the modules will typically take 2 weeks and then site finishing and external works might take a further 6 weeks depending on the complexity. A total of 14 weeks is significantly less than a traditional build. Where the site is more complicated and where phasing and decant is required, volumetric buildings offer the advantage of a vastly improved programme with the equivilent to or better quality of finish.
Buildings can be further enhanced with the inclusion of a whole range of additional options and features designed to optimise your environment. These can include large glazing, eco friendly options, canopies, kitchens, sun screens, etc as well as the ability to personalise your building with vinyl wraps allowing it to stand out or blend into the surrounding environment.
Elliott were professional and extremely helpful, making Race for Life exceptionally smooth. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.Ruth Chamings - Cancer Research UK
You and your team have worked tirelessly to erect and fit out the temporary classrooms in the very limited timescale that we set. Over the last...John Wright
Thank you to Elliott for providing the portable toilets for the Woolfest event at Woolton Hill Junior School which was a huge success. We look...Jo Godfrey
A big thank you to all your staff who kept the loos clean, filled up and available all through Car Fest South this weekend and to your wonderful...Kathy Worrall
On behalf of all at Vision Nine HQ, I’d like to thank you and the team for your services and efforts that made Boardmasters 2013 such a great...Joe Baran
Thank you to the whole team involved in installing our two modular classrooms, both staff and students are very appreciative of the modern,...Barbara M Belfield-Dean, Concord College
Due to business expansion within the two sites in Chatteris, Cambridgeshire, Erms UK Ltd needed to engage with robust and reliable partners. For...Phil Barton Carroll
I must comment on the superb service from your staff. All of which dealt with my order very efficiently. I have no hesitation in recomending...Neville DeLord, St Columbas College
The driver who delivered the cabin was extremely polite and professional and nothing was too much trouble.Rachael Sheppard, MOSI
Excellent service from your office staff and delivery driver. A good clean and smart looking unit that is practical and meets my requirements....Andy Mitchell, Hill Partnerships Ltd
I am writing to express my gratitude to your company for the professional way they handled our event. This was a high profile event, particularly...Sue Hayden
“Elliott’s have worked with Mace in-conjunction with Hertfordshire County Council on a 7-year £30m framework which involved over 30 projects...Pino Bonsignore, Project Lead Designer, Mace
“McDonalds selects it suppliers very carefully and we chose Elliott because of its proven ability to manufacture high quality volumetric units to...Richard England, New Build Construction Manager – McDonalds UK
“Elliott Off-Site Building Solutions delivered a high quality three-storey modular office building, in a rapid timescale, on time, on budget and...Ralph Smith, Project Manager – Jaguar Land Rover
“Prior to the delivery, I was very impressed with the friendly helpful person/people I spoke to on the phone. Everything was on time, efficient...Anita Horsnell
“European Tour Productions were more than satisfied with the service we received from Elliott Hire at the Ryder Cup. The cabins and furniture...Tony Coxon, European Tour Productions
“From my first contact with people at Elliott I found they were extremely helpful and gave all the information that I required to hire a portable...John Sterry