Elliott have signed a pledge to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant. This pledge gives our commitment to honour the Armed Forces Covenant and support the Armed Forces Community.
The two key principles of the armed forces covenant are:
- No member of the armed forces community should face disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services compared to any other citizen
- In some circumstances special treatment may be appropriate, especially for the injured or bereaved.
Elliott recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. We will seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, by:
- Seeking to support the employment of veterans young and old who are leaving the Armed Forces through proactively working with the Career Transition Partnership
- Always considering offering an interview to veterans young and old, if they meet the selection criteria laid out in a job advert/description
- Supporting the employment, where appropriate, of wounded, injured or sick veterans, working with the Recovery Career Service
- Recognise military skills and qualifications when interviewing for new positions