Electrical Team Leader - Nuneaton - E2896
To deliver works 80% and to lead/support frontline operatives 20%
Managing a small team of Electricians to ensure productivity is maximised and quality levels are kept high.
Key success factors (short, intermediate or long term)
Success in a 6 months will include:
• Aware of all company policies and processes
• Understanding and compliance with Health and Safety rules and guidelines.
• Able to prioritise efficiently to achieve the end result
• Ability to remain aware of the cost implications throughout the task
• Ability to train other employees
Success in 1 year will include:
• Proficient in preparing units and ensuring quality standards are kept to Elliott’s requirements.
• To have gained understanding of the business processes that will enable the team to work to strict deadlines.
• Maintain a good working relationship with peers and direct management.
• Strong working ethics, self-starter and results orientated.
Success in 3 years will include:
• Comprehensive knowledge of the tasks, operations, targets and customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Deliver works for 80% of their time (refer to Electrician job description).
• Engage with operatives to ensure they understand work requirements involved in completing their tasks and clarify where required. This includes technical, quality, and task duration aspects of the job.
• Monitor operative’s performance in terms of speed and quality of works and provide feedback / instruct operatives where required. This includes hourly / short-interval-control checks.
• Lead staff in the quest of achieving operational efficiency targets.
• Inform the Production Manager of any issues surrounding staff performance and materials outage.
• [Note: the team leader is not responsible for any documentation / reporting duties that aren’t already part of an operative’s responsibility.]
Reports directly to the Production Manager
Experience and required skills
• Good attitude towards quality and efficiency of works.
• Clear and effective communicator
• Demonstrable skills in leading and motivating others
• Ability to effectively manage multiple, changing priorities in a fast paced environment to ensure targets are met
• Proven ability to make independent decisions and work as part of a team
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Skilled to create a team working culture
• Welcomes and embraces change
• A passion for operational efficiency and completing tasks in the most efficient manner
• A desire to create the safest, most cost effective work environment coupled with the commitment to exceed customer expectations
• Highly capable / knowledgeable in their trade and delivering works.
• Experienced in leading a team / being accountable for a team’s performance.
• Basic understanding and acceptance of Health & Safety rules.
• Must hold relevant electro technical qualifications in electrical installation work including 18th edition requirements for electrical installations
• City & Guilds 2391-10 or 2394/5 in inspection and testing qualification, or equivalent
• Has completed a recognised electrical apprenticeship
• Preferred qualification in Portable Appliance Testing
• Previous working experience within product hire market, preferably portable accommodation