Key Account Manager - South East (M25 area) - E2957
The key purpose is to develop strategic plans, define and review clear objectives for each key account and to expand each defined key account revenue and profitability to agreed annual targets.
The role holder will also be expected to deliver strategic sales presentations and develop innovative proposals.
Key success factors (short, intermediate or long term)
Success in a 6 months will include:
• Each key account is identified, understood and documented in Elliott systems.
• Key Account teams have been established and trained.
• Key Account plans are in place and actively work per strategic plan.
Success in 1 year will include:
• Revenue, Units on Rent, Profit, ROC, NPS (Customer satisfaction) and KPIs will be at or above annual targets.
• Formal and informal customer feedback mechanisms confirm improved relationship and service delivery.
• Increased year-over-year Revenue and Profitability with Key Accounts.
• Increased value of Value Added Services (up selling) with Key Accounts.
Success in 3 years will include:
• Growing hire revenue nationally.
• Development of new accounts.
• Ability to sell full range of Elliott products.
Roles and Responsibilities
The role holder will have relationships with:
• Internal Sales & Administration teams:
Effectively coordinate key account management activities to ensure appropriate focus and follow-up on key accounts.
• Service Team:
Communicate effectively the status of key account requirements and issues. Monitor execution to ensure customer expectations are exceeded. Address issues in a manner that not only satisfactorily resolves the incident, but also involves a preventative dimension to avert future issues.
• Sales Team:
Communicate activities to ensure maximum branch sales opportunities and operational effectiveness. Coordinate across various projects or buying points, as directed by customer’s stated preferences, to optimize business volumes and demonstrate benefits of AS market footprint and reach.
• Key Accounts Director
Communicate effectively the status of key account requirements and issues, ensuring that Key Accounts Director builds and maintains appropriate relationships with the customer executive contacts and provides appropriate internal support to ensure the best of Elliott is consistently delivered.
• To work in a safe and sensible manner within the boundaries of the Company Health and Safety Policy and any additional site restrictions.
Reporting to Regional Managing Director
Experience and required skills
• Organised, ability to work well under pressure, prioritise, and achieve deadlines.
• Takes leadership responsibility for key account projects and strategies and manages effectively against profitability, ROC and customer satisfaction measures.
• Goal oriented, has a strategic mind set, planning accordingly for all activities.
• Self-motivated with high level of drive, energy, persistence and initiative.
• Tenacious and proficient at developing long-term relationships that grow year over year.
• Clear understanding of key account needs and ability to create need and sell on value, instead of just product-based selling.
• Strategic influencer and negotiator, able to communicate with and influence multiple organisational layers, including senior leadership.
• Team player and leader, with high level of influence and strong management skills, able and willing to be assertive when necessary.
• Able to discern approaches and methods of delivering the company’s best, in response or in anticipation to customer needs.
• Innovative and creative.
• Proven, measurable past success in account management/sales within the temporary accommodation sector or business to business sector.
• General knowledge of the commercial construction process and site services