Equality & Diversity
Elliott make every effort to eliminate discrimination.
At Elliott, we will never discriminate against job applicants or workers on the basis of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender re-assignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age, pregnancy or trade union membership or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee.
Equality & Diversity
We have also introduced a range of policies to ensure that these values are upheld throughout the business:
To support this position, here are some of the policies we have implemented to ensure a culture of non-discrimination throughout Elliott.
We have also introduced a range of policies to ensure that these values are upheld throughout the business:Careers
To support this position, here are some of the policies we have implemented to ensure a culture of non-discrimination throughout Elliott
The speak-up policy - we have unbiased contact points who can be reached anonymously, allowing employees to speak up about problems in the workplace without fear.
Our agile working policy- allows our employees to work from home if need be (role-dependent).
Dignity at work – we have a rigorously-enforced set of standards to ensure that the workplace is a safe, comfortable environment for all Elliott employees.
We are a forces friendly employer
ARMED FORCES CORPORATE COVENANT
In 2013, Elliott signed a pledge to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant. This pledge means we will endeavour in our business dealings to uphold the key principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, which are:
- no member of the Armed Forces Community should face disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services compared to any other citizen
- in some circumstances special treatment may be appropriate especially for the injured or bereaved.
We recognise the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business and to our country. We will seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, by:
- Promoting the Armed Forces: promoting the fact that we are an Armed Forces-friendly organisation, to our staff, customers, suppliers, contractors and wider public.
- Veterans: supporting the employment of veterans, recognising military skills and qualifications in our recruitment and selection process; working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP) to support the employment of Service leavers;
- Reserves: supporting our colleagues who are members of the Reserve Forces; granting additional unpaid leave for annual Reserve Forces training; supporting any mobilisations and deployment; actively encouraging members of staff to become Reservists;
- Cadet Organisations: supporting our colleagues who are volunteer leaders in military cadet organisations, granting additional leave to attend annual training camps and courses; actively encouraging members of staff to become volunteer leaders in cadet organisations; supporting local military cadet units; recognising the benefits of employing cadets/ex-cadets within the workforce.
- National Events: supporting Armed Forces Day, Reserves Day, the Poppy Appeal Day and Remembrance activities.
CAREER TRANSITION PARTNERSHIP
We are a forces friendly employer. We actively seek and support those who have worked for the forces through Career Transition Partnership. CTP help service leavers not just with their first civilian job, but throughout their working lifetime by turning them into highly skilled, committed and capable employees, and have a wide range of transferrable skills that our company would be proud to have on-board.Elliott Careers