• Provide account management service to selected clients.
• Use market knowledge and understanding to identify prospective clients within the area.
• Utilise the company’s pricing policy whilst effecting negotiations to bring about profitable contracts.
Key Success Factors
• Aware of all company policies and processes
• Establish relationships with current client base
Success in 1 year will include:
• Achievement of personal financial target.
• Develop a business plan for specific geographical areas
Success in 3 years will include:
• Growing hire revenue at the dedicated branch
• Growth of revenue from Portfolio Customers and Existing accounts
• Development of new accounts
• Ability to sell full range of Elliott products
Roles and Responsibilities
• To develop profitable business from new and existing customers.
• Formally manage client relationships through regular communications e.g. site visits, quarterly reviews, written correspondence, presentations, ad hoc meetings, written communications etc...
• Market existing and new products/services to portable accommodation users in the geographical area.
• Participate in and contribute to co-ordination of deliverables by the Area Offices.
• Communicate and ensure understanding of relevant client service level agreements to Area Office staff both locally and nationally. Ensure that all relevant staff members are aware of and responsive to changes in SLAs.
• Actively participate in the management of complaints, critical events and feedback and to work with other Area Office stakeholders to develop improvements as appropriate.
• Complete monthly reports for the General Manager
• Keep informed about Elliott, the market place and competitor developments
• To work in a safe and sensible manner within the boundaries of the Company Health and Safety Policy and any additional site restrictions.
The Area Sales Manager will work along side existing Area Sales Managers, the Internal Sales team and Production Manager.
Experience and Required Skills
• Clear and effective communicator
• Demonstrable skills in negotiation and selling
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Customer focused
• Industry experience desirable but not essential
• Experience of delivering results against targets
• Has proven experience and ability to work effectively with internal and/or external customers.
Renumeration and Advantages
• May be required to undertake any other tasks/duties as requested by appropriate managers.
• Must at all times carry out responsibilities with due regard to Elliott’s Health & Safety Policy.