Key Success Factors
• A clear portfolio of target national and regional customers will be identified and initial meetings with key influencers held.
• An agreed number of target major projects identified, researched and a plan in place to ensure Elliott are included in all requests for pricing or opportunities to tender.
• Demonstrable evidence of a growing pipeline of opportunities quoted and secured from target customers and projects.
Success in 1 year will include:
• Established relationships with key influencers within the target customer and project portfolios.
• Demonstrable evidence of a thriving pipeline of opportunities quoted and secured from target customers and projects.
• New target customers and projects identified, engaged and starting to show through in pipeline of opportunities.
Success in 2 years will include:
• Movement of a number of successfully developed national and regional accounts to the Key Account Function for account management.
• A track record for success at project level with case studies that evidence the service and solutions provided by Elliott.
Roles and Responsibilities
• To identify and capitalise on opportunities for new business through research, intelligence and relationship building.
• To identify and grow profitable revenue for a target portfolio of national and regional companies.
• To identify and engage with the successful bidders of the UK’s top major projects with the overall aim of quoting and winning new business.
• To identify new and strongly performing markets, engage with the key companies operating within these markets and secure opportunities to quote for and win new business.
• Work with the Business Development Director to develop strategies for converting opportunities into profitable revenue.
• Generate innovative ideas and product development as required by the key target customers to enhance Elliott’s presence as a market leader.
• Maintain a record of all activity on the company CRM system and complete monthly and ad hoc reports as required.
• Meet and where possible exceed sales targets.
• Demonstrate a high level of commercial awareness.
• Actively participate is the sales activities of the wider Elliott business through positive engagement with the Sales teams to ensure a coordinated approach on all sales and customer management activities.
• Build and maintain senior level relationships with customers at both local and central levels.
• Research, monitor and communicate status of competitive market landscape; and maintain up-to-date market knowledge of both competitors and potential client requirements.
Experience and Required Skills
• Clear and effective communicator.
• Demonstrable skills in negotiation and selling.
• Determined, tenacious and resilient.
• Strong drive toward attainment of goals and proven track record of quota achievement.
• Articulate with excellent written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to deliver a persuasive business message to customers and end user prospects.
• Must possess first class customer acquisition skills.
• Must be at ease on the phone, communicating directly with prospects to find potential growth opportunities within an organisation.
• Have a strong sense of empathy and an intuitive understanding of clients’ business objectives along with being solution-driven & results focused.
• Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary organisation and capable of working within a multi relationship matrix style of management.
• Track record of successfully developing new business.
• Experience of delivering results against targets.
• A good knowledge of the construction industry and established network of relevant relationships would be an advantage
Renumeration and Advantages
Must have driving licence.