Key Success Factors
• Extensive experience in leading projects and project team to deliver project outcomes on time and in budget
• Industry experience is a plus but not a pre-requisite
• Background and experience of operational, cross functional management within an organisation.
• Experience of a low volume production environment required
• Cost control, cost reduction and margin improvement experience needed
• Be able to effectively produce and present monthly reports based in KPI’s
• Six Sigma black belt certified is highly desirable
• Continuous operational process / ways of working improvements driving cost savings for delivery.
• Positive relationships with internal and external customers.
• Effective and regular performance management against company goals and objectives
Roles and Responsibilities
• To ensure all locations and services are operating to a safety first culture.
• Ensuring that the business complies with the strictest health and safety standards within the manufacturing and site environment with a culture of zero harm.
• Embedding and driving a health and safety culture in all aspects of operations by proactively engaging all levels of the business.
• Development and management of KPIs demonstrating ongoing performance against health and safety standards.
• Being the operational lead with other departments on any strategic projects.
• Providing support and guidance for Ops and SD Managers on projects and initiatives.
• Leading and driving cost management, quality and efficiency drive across Branch Operations and Service Delivery functions.
• Process Transformation initiatives lead
• Providing leadership for UK wide Flex production and capacity, including inter-branch work transfer policy and Fleet mix.
• Deputising for the Operations Director during any periods of absence.
• Embedding a culture that ensures adherence to corporate policy and procedure, and legislative requirements.
• To agree and implement the optimum operating models across all operational departments and services.
• Branch infrastructure work: Managing operational impact, agree phasing, execution, develop, manage and mitigate Operational risks.
• Fleet T-Card System: Manage operational implementation and fully embedding in organisation.
• Sustainability: Carbon Targets, employment objectives, product offering, Fleet/VAPS, supply chain policy/targets, off-set carbon proposals & contract optional extras (offset).
• Non-fleet Cap-ex infrastructure Expenditure: Operational execution & impact management.
• AV+ Production Project: Overseeing all AV+ production sites and Centralised Wolverhampton site (Safety, Quality, Operational drive and ownership, productivity).
• AV+ Co-ordination and transformation nationally.
Experience and Required Skills
• Has a high level of drive, energy and initiative; proactive, focused, tenacious and committed, with high standards and achievement orientation.
• Has leadership, influence and coaching skills.
• Has proven and demonstrable experience of managing people to achieve business goals.
• Adapts communication methods and style to influence a wide range of internal/external stakeholders.
• Has the ability to work in an operational/functional matrix organisation.
• Can plan, anticipate and prioritise.
• Has well developed and honed skills in project management.
• Is highly motivated with a passion for driving operational business change.
• Displays commercial awareness with an eye for seeing business improvement opportunities.
• Is capable of leading project teams across several projects in parallel.
• Can use information to develop solutions, adopting a logical approach and using experience to solve problems.
• Proactively leads change and improvements to ways of working through a thorough understanding of the impacts of change.
• Is consistent, self-motivated, and able to inspire teams by building trust and morale. Can live the company’s values and promote collaboration across the business.
• Has a full driving licence.