Key Success Factors
• Aware of all company policies and processes
• Understanding and compliance with Health and Safety rules and guidelines.
• Strong working ethics, self starter and results orientated.
• To have gained understanding of the business processes that will enable the team to work to strict deadlines.
• Fully skilled in role
Success in 1 year will include:
• Proficient in preparing units and ensuring quality standards are maintained to Elliott’s requirements.
• Maintain a good working relationship with peers and direct management.
• Ability to train other employees.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the tasks, operations, targets and customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
• To work in a safe and sensible manner within the boundaries of the Company Health and Safety Policy and any additional site restrictions.
• Comply with Elliott policy and procedure for maintenance of forklift and other MHE equipment, including updating records.
Mechanical Handling Equipment
• Safely and efficiently, load and unload units from vehicles.
• Liaise with production to select units as required by workshop.
• Ensure units are delivered and removed from workbays within allocated timeframes to meet production targets
• Closely monitor the completion of units, and execute an efficient change-over of units into workbays and paint shop.
• Complete general maintenance of the yard, including safe stowage of units
• Some working and inspecting at height.
• Cleaning of units and fittings internally and externally.
• Loading of a range of furniture into the cabins and removing on completion of hire.
• General maintenance tasks to timber, plastic and steel portable accommodation units, portable toilets etc
• Painting exterior of units with spray equipment, roller or brush.
• The fitting and removal of partitions & other fittings.
• Some electrical work, some plumbing, some joinery and flooring work.
• Occasional visits to third party sites to double stack units and install staircase and landing. Removal of same on completion of hire.
Experience and Required Skills
• Good general physical fitness.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Has a strong work ethic.
• Flexible attitude to working
• ProactiveWorks in a safe and efficient manner with due consideration for colleagues
• Basic understanding and acceptance of Health & Safety rules.
• Regular Counterbalance Forklift usage, over 7.5ton
• Experience of product quality inspection (desirable)