To control the flow traffic in and out of the Depot.
To assist in the off-hiring and Quality Inspecting of inbound and outbound units
Key Success Factors
• Aware of all company policies and processes
• Understanding and compliance with Health and Safety rules and guidelines.
Success in 1 year will include:
• To have gained understanding of the business processes that will enable the team to work to strict deadlines.
• Maintain a good working relationship with peers and direct management.
• Strong working ethics, self-starter and results orientated.
Success in 3 years will include:
• Fully skilled in role
• Ability to train other employees.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the tasks, operations, targets and customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Ensure any vehicle manoeuvres are safe and do not put anyone in danger
• Meet all site traffic at the front gate and direct them safely through the site
Complete gate logs tracking all inbound and outbound movements
• Ensure prioritisation of deliveries where required
• Present a positive image of the company to all visitors and offer assistance at all times
• Liaise with site staff to plan ahead for the day’s delivery and despatch schedule
• General tidying and housekeeping duties
• Lock up the gate at the end of the day
• Continuously checking and working to Elliott quality standards in line with customer expectations.
• To work in a safe and sensible manner within the boundaries of the Company Health and Safety Policy and any additional site restrictions.
Working within a small team in the depot.
Experience and Required Skills
• Ability to work as an individual as well as part of a team
• Has a strong work ethic.
• Flexible attitude to working.
• Capable of working to and achieving set targets/deadlines.
Work Experience/Qualifications required
• Basic understanding and acceptance of Health & Safety rules.
• Slinger signaller experience/ certificate ideal but training will be given
• Banksman experience/ certificate ideal but training will be given
Willingness to work outside
Assisting in other activities as required