To assist in the preparation of a range of cabins prior to them going out on hire.
Key Success Factors
Success in a 6 months will include:
• Aware of all company policies and processes
• Understanding and compliance with Health and Safety rules and guidelines.
Success in 1 year will include:
• Proficient in preparing units and ensuring quality standards are kept to Elliott’s requirements.
• To have gained understanding of the business processes that will enable the team to work to strict deadlines.
• Maintain a good working relationship with peers and direct management.
• Strong working ethics, self starter and results orientated.
Success in 3 years will include:
• Fully skilled in role
• Ability to train other employees.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the tasks, operations, targets and customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Cleaning of units and fittings internally and externally.
• Manual preparation for painting.
• Working to meet Elliott UK Sticker Standards (Both internal and external)
• To be able to use a Doosan 7 / 41 Air Compressor or equivalent
• To be able to work to meet Shot Blasting Standards
• To be able to use our 360 Products
• To complete PAT Testing
• To be able to use a B1 Forklift or Power Pallet Truck or Low Loader Picker
• To have a good mix of general maintenance skills
• To have a basic knowledge of power tools
• Be able to complete external lock fitting
• To be able to complete key cutting
• To be able to complete exterior door fitting
• To be able to repair and replace wall and ceiling boards
• To be able to fit Partitions
• To be able to fit final trim
• To be able to replace plywood flooring
• To be able to remove / fit wall and ceiling panels
• To be able to fit travel panels
• CSCS Blue Card (if required to work on customer sites)
• To be able to complete break in and door lock repairs
• To complete vinyl floor covering installation and repairs
• To be able to fit sinks, taps and worktops
• Have a basic understanding of plumbing circuits/systems
• To be able to complete water pressure testing
• To be able to test and complete water sterilisation
• To be able to perform basic uncoded welding
• To be able to fit standard convector, over sink & under sink water heater, downflow heater and standard hand dryer
• To preform basic engine repairs
• To be able to check downpipe, roof and floor integrity
• To be able to repair window roller shutter
• To be able to select correct repair kit
• To be able to cut a window/door panel from a blank panel
• The removal of internal fittings prior to works
• Assembly and cleaning of Value Added Products (eg furniture).
• To work closely with and assist trades people.
• Continuously checking and working to Elliott quality standards in line with customer expectations.
• To work in a safe and sensible manner within the boundaries of the Company Health and Safety Policy and any additional site restrictions.
Reporting to the Fitter Team Lead
Working within a small team in the depot.
Experience and Required Skills
• Good general physical fitness.
• Ability to work as an individual as well as part of a team
• Has a strong work ethic.
• Flexible attitude to working.
• Capable of working to and achieving set targets/deadlines.
• Basic understanding and acceptance of Health & Safety rules.
• Good mix of general maintenance skills.
• Competent in the use of basic hand/power tools.
• Certificates in MPBA or ECA
Nice to have but training will be given:
• Abrasive Wheels
• Manual handling