Elliott UK is part of the Modulaire Group, which has c. 250,000 rental units over 23 countries. These are organised into 6 divisions - France, ENSE, Germany, Nordics, APAC and UK. Around the world, our Group is the leading global business services provider focused on modular space, secure portable storage solutions, and remote workforce accommodation management.
At Elliott , we respect and value differences and are passionate about our people, our customers and the planet. We nurture an environment where all differences are valued, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. We are committed to building a culture that brings together the very best of our people and their unique skills, experiences, abilities and where they can flourish. In joining the Elliott team, you will be able to apply and develop your skills and knowledge as part of a collaborative team that is helping to innovate and play a part in building a better future and creating value for our customers, our people, society and the planet.
To assist in the preparation of a range of cabins prior to them going out on hire.
Key Success Factors
Success in a 6 months will include:
• Aware of all company policies and processes
• Understanding and compliance with Health and Safety rules and guidelines.
Success in 1 year will include:
• Proficient in preparing units and ensuring quality standards are kept to Elliott’s requirements.
• To have gained understanding of the business processes that will enable the team to work to strict deadlines.
• Maintain a good working relationship with peers and direct management.
• Strong working ethics, self starter and results orientated.
Success in 3 years will include:
• Fully skilled in role
• Ability to train other employees.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the tasks, operations, targets and customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Cleaning of units and fittings internally and externally.
• Manual preparation for painting.
• Working to meet Elliott UK Sticker Standards (Both internal and external)
• To be able to use a Doosan 7 / 41 Air Compressor or equivalent
• To be able to work to meet Shot Blasting Standards
• To be able to use our 360 Products
• To complete PAT Testing
• To be able to use a B1 Forklift or Power Pallet Truck or Low Loader Picker
• To have a good mix of general maintenance skills
• To have a basic knowledge of power tools
• Be able to complete external lock fitting
• To be able to complete key cutting
• To be able to complete exterior door fitting
• To be able to repair and replace wall and ceiling boards
• To be able to fit Partitions
• To be able to fit final trim
• To be able to replace plywood flooring
• To be able to remove / fit wall and ceiling panels
• To be able to fit travel panels
• CSCS Blue Card (if required to work on customer sites)
• To be able to complete break in and door lock repairs
• To complete vinyl floor covering installation and repairs
• To be able to fit sinks, taps and worktops
• Have a basic understanding of plumbing circuits/systems
• To be able to complete water pressure testing
• To be able to test and complete water sterilisation
• To be able to perform basic uncoded welding
• To be able to fit standard convector, over sink & under sink water heater, downflow heater and standard hand dryer
• To preform basic engine repairs
• To be able to check downpipe, roof and floor integrity
• To be able to repair window roller shutter
• To be able to select correct repair kit
• To be able to cut a window/door panel from a blank panel
• The removal of internal fittings prior to works
• Assembly and cleaning of Value Added Products (eg furniture).
• To work closely with and assist trades people.
• Continuously checking and working to Elliott quality standards in line with customer expectations.
• To work in a safe and sensible manner within the boundaries of the Company Health and Safety Policy and any additional site restrictions.
Reporting to the Fitter Team Lead
Working within a small team in the depot.
Experience and Required Skills
• Good general physical fitness.
• Ability to work as an individual as well as part of a team
• Has a strong work ethic.
• Flexible attitude to working.
• Capable of working to and achieving set targets/deadlines.
• Basic understanding and acceptance of Health & Safety rules.
• Good mix of general maintenance skills.
• Competent in the use of basic hand/power tools.
• Certificates in MPBA or ECA
Nice to have but training will be given:
• Abrasive Wheels
• Manual handling