• Accountable for safety, quality, financial and productivity performance.
• To manage, lead, mentor and motivate an operational team of direct reports to deliver internal and external expectations in line with company EH&S and quality guidelines whilst controlling costs (materials, sub-contractors, transport impact, etc.)
Key Success Factors
• Site audit score for Health & Safety maintained above company target level.
• Meet set targets for quality, efficiency and costs.
• The site is fully resourced according to the resourcing plan
• Management Control Reporting System (MCRS) is running smoothly
Success in 1 year will include:
• Work collaboratively with other sites and corporate functions to ensure a cohesive approach to production and customer delivery.
• Demonstrate positive change and development in culture: planning, 5S.
• Strong knowledge of products
Success in 3 years will include:
• Continuously strive for opportunities to improve ways of working and processes.
• Fully competent in role and ready to consider other opportunities within the business.
• Empowered team working towards the company goals.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Responsible for local management of SHEQ, safe working practices and adheres to Elliott Environmental policy.
• Responsible for embedding a health and safety culture.
• To report and investigate any accidents or incidents in a timely manner.
• Effective member of the Management team committed to achieving Production facility and Corporate objectives and driving operational excellence.
• Maintaining control over cost (production, maintenance, labour and materials) and budgets for maximum resource utilisation and efficiency.
• Provide the point of escalation for complex queries and issues.
• Ensure production planning meet customer demand
• Attend customer meetings as necessary.
• Monitor customer feedback and address issues in a timely manner.
• Achieve “right first time” status to all production orders.
• Act as a role model as part of the Elliott management team, acting in a professional manner, ensuring that good constructive working relationships are maintained at all times.
• Effectively manage, develop and mentor direct reports in line with corporate processes and procedures.
• Ensure that all employees within operations have clear objectives which are effectively managed through performance reviews, development plans and other people processes in order to maximise performance and talent potential.
• Proactively encourage the use of all people policies and procedures such as reward and recognition initiatives etc.
• Responsible for HR issues including discipline, absence, capability & performance manage.
• Oversee the maintenance of all training records and qualifications where there is a business/legal requirement.
• Ensure that direct reports, and their teams, understand and comply with all relevant Company rules, agreements, policies, procedures and with all relevant legislative requirements and code of practice.
• Develop a culture of team working and knowledge sharing to ensure smooth operations, consistency and process improvements.
• Lead a culture of continuous improvement in every area of the site.
• Promote and actively demonstrate commitment to the Company Values: Innovation, Collaboration, Excellence and Empowerment.
• Provide support to direct reports in resolving operational queries in a professional, efficient and timely manner.
Experience and Required Skills
• Experience of operating at a senior level within a relevant industry.
• Experience in managing production teams.
• Industry specific knowledge and significant depth of expertise.
• Experience in logistics, production planning,
• A good level of experience in a portable accommodation business.
• Experience of driving operational efficiency and controlling costs to deliver budgetary targets.
• Sound knowledge and practical experience of Lean fundamentals.
• Demonstrable experience of managing Health and Safety.
• Experience of delivering results against operational, service, quality, safety and cost targets.
• H&S, compliance and relevant legislative knowledge.
• Demonstrated ability of effective organisational change management.
• Demonstrated ability of constantly striving for continuous improvement to processes, services etc.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrable skills in leading, developing and motivating others.
• Proven ability to work as part of a wider team in order to deliver organisational excellence.
• Proven decision making ability.
• Demonstrated ability to build a high performing team.
• Welcomes and embraces change and has demonstrated ability to lead the team through change.
• Strong customer service focus.
• Relationship/Stakeholder management.
Renumeration and Advantages
• Overnight stays will likely be required on occasions. Must have a flexible approach to working hours as there may be a need to work outside the ‘standard’ working hours on occasions, including weekends.