Will be required to deliver works as required (approx. 10% of time to address short-term capacity requirements).
Key Success Factors
• Aware of all company policies and processes
• Understanding and compliance with Health and Safety rules and guidelines.
• Able to prioritise efficiently to achieve the end result
• Ability to remain aware of the cost implications throughout the task
• Ability to train other employees
Success in 1 year will include:
• Proficient in preparing units and ensuring quality standards are kept to Elliott’s requirements.
• To have gained understanding of the business processes that will enable the team to work to strict deadlines.
• Maintain a good working relationship with peers and direct management.
• Strong working ethics, self starter and results orientated.
Success in 3 years will include:
• Comprehensive knowledge of the tasks, operations, targets and customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Engage with operatives to ensure they understand work requirements involved in completing their tasks and clarify where required. This includes technical, quality, and task duration aspects of the job.
• Monitor operative’s performance in terms of speed and quality of works and provide feedback / instruct operatives where required. This includes hourly / short-interval-control checks.
• Lead staff in the quest of achieving operational efficiency targets.
• Update performance white boards as required.
• Weekly & Monthly documenting and reporting overtime worked to HQ and reporting total hours including holiday, sickness & overtime for payroll.
• Manage absence that includes conducting 'return to work' interviews.
• Manage disciplinary and performance issues.
• Identifying resourcing requirements and following relevant processes to ensure recruitment needs meet. This will include completing requisitions, short listing candidates, interviewing and providing feedback.
Responsible for all aspects of Health & Safety within the yard including: training, PPE, plant & machinery (tools/ladders etc), incident reporting and adherence to Company Policy at all times
Experience and Required Skills
• Good attitude towards quality and efficiency of works.
• Clear and effective communicator
• Demonstrable skills in leading and motivating others
• Ability to effectively manage multiple, changing priorities in a fast paced environment to ensure targets are met
• Proven ability to make independent decisions and work as part of a team
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Skilled to create a team working culture
• Welcomes and embraces change
• A passion for operational efficiency and completing tasks in the most efficient manner
• A desire to create the safest, most cost effective work environment coupled with the commitment to exceed customer expectations
• Highly capable / knowledgeable in their trade and delivering works.
• Experienced in leading a team / being accountable for a team’s performance.
• Basic understanding and acceptance of Health & Safety rules.
• Good mix of general maintenance skills.
• Competent in the use of basic hand/power tools.
• Certificates in MPBA or ECA
• To have completed IOSH Working Safely and SSSTS training
• To have completed a NVQ L2 (Modular/Portable Building Installation and Dismantling) qualification