To ensure the safety and welfare of the employees, plant & equipment and Production area, drive continuous improvement in safety, efficiency, process & productivity and mitigate risks to executing plan
To be responsible for all aspects of Health & Safety within the workshop.
To execute the daily production plan, ensure productivity is maximised and quality levels to meet customer demand.
Define human resource requirements to fulfil labour type and hours allocated in order to deliver production output efficiently in line with Logistics plan.
To control measureable costs across the Production facility including efficiencies, absence, downtime, overtime, labour and consumables, with the aim of maximising business profitability through operating within departmental budget targets. Vary accordingly with volume movements
To effectively manage; workshop staff performance, tools and resources to produce completed units efficiently in line with planned requirements.
Key Success Factors
Success in 6 months will include:
• Strong knowledge of products
• Audit scores for Health & Safety within their perimeter of control maintained above company target level.
• Meet set targets for quality, efficiency and costs.
• To optimise resources and processes in order to minimise working capital and labour requirements to fulfil plan effectively and efficiently
• Standard operating procedures embedded
• Evidence of continuous improvement and best practice sharing
Success in 1 year will include:
• Demonstrate positive change and development in workshop culture
• Demonstrate positive change in culture of planning.
Success in 3 years will include:
• Industry leading Production operations; safe, efficient, optimised.
• Culture of continuous improvements embedded and delivering results locally and nationally
Roles and Responsibilities
Interpret the monthly, weekly and daily Logistics plans into an efficient, executable production plan
Deliver the daily production plan optimising resources and communicating performance against targets & KPIs
Coach staff in how to improve their productivity and quality performance
Lead daily workshop / review / planning meetings
Review performance data to deliver and measure operational productivity, depot performance and contribution levels
Responsible for the achievement of operational productivity, quality and ‘Lean’ targets
Identify opportunities for productivity improvement through the identification and elimination of waste
Coordinate, set up and implement standard operating procedures for all production operations
Use continuous improvement tools to challenge the process and deliver best practice
Implement National best practices as identified in order to standardise Production operations across all sites
Health and Safety within their perimeter of control
Responsible for local management of SHEQ, safe working practices and adheres to Elliott Environmental policy.
Responsible for embedding a health and safety culture.
To report and investigate as appropriate and implement corrective actions for any observations, near misses, accidents or incidents in line with Elliott policy.
Monitor staff performance through appraisals, performance reviews, setting personal development plans in order to develop staff and maximise talent potential.
Identifying resourcing requirements and following relevant processes to ensure recruitment needs meet. This will include completing requisitions, short listing candidates, interviewing and providing feedback.
Weekly & Monthly documenting and reporting overtime worked to HQ and reporting total hours including, holiday, sickness & overtime for payroll.
Manage, train, mentor and plan the use of human resources.
Responsible for managing HR issues including discipline, absence, capability & performance management.
Develop a culture of ‘team working’ to ensure smooth operations and consistency.
Lead a culture of continuous improvement in every area of the production facility.
Promote and actively demonstrate commitment to the company values: Innovation, Collaboration, Excellence and Empowerment.
Reports directly to the Site Manager
Experience and Required Skills
• Clear and effective communicator
• Demonstrable skills in leading and motivating others
• Ability to effectively manage multiple, changing priorities in a fast paced environment to ensure targets are met
• Proven ability to make independent decisions and work as part of a team
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong customer focus (both internal and external)
• Skilled to create a team working culture
• Welcomes and embraces change
• A desire to create the safest, most cost effective work environment coupled with the commitment to exceed customer expectations
• Has P+L understanding for material and labour cost control.
• Demonstrable experience in building and leading a team
• Sound knowledge and practical experience of Lean fundamentals within the manufacturing industry
• Has proven experience and ability to work effectively with internal and/or external customers.
• Experience of managing Health and Safety
• Experience of delivering results against operational, service, quality, safety and cost targets
• Ability to set standards for quality and ensure it is adhered to
• Experience in managing and controlling costs
• Strong IT skills.
Renumeration and Advantages
• Preferred Full driving licence
• Overnight stays will likely be required on occasions.
• Must have a flexible approach to working hours as there may be a need to work outside the ‘standard’ working hours on occasions, including weekends.