Key Success Factors
• Aware of all company policies and processes
• Understanding and compliance with Health and Safety rules and guidelines.
Success in 1 year will include:
• Proficient in preparing units and ensuring quality standards are kept to Elliott’s requirements.
• To have gained understanding of the business processes that will enable the team to work to strict deadlines.
• Maintain a good working relationship with peers and direct management.
• Strong working ethics, self-starter and results orientated.
Success in 3 years will include:
• Fully skilled in role
• Ability to train other employees.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the tasks, operations, targets and customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Perform physical repetitive operation of heavy-duty equipment for majority of a work shift.
• Adhere to all safe working practices of potentially dangerous machinery
• Undertake all pre and post safety check on heavy-duty equipment.
• Undertake wet blasting and application to obtain the best finish on the product.
• Continuously checking and working to Elliott quality standards in line with customer expectations.
• When not shot blasting, the role will also require jet washing duties and maintaining the shot blasting machines with blast media and water.
• To work in a safe and sensible manner within the boundaries of the Company Health and Safety Policy and any additional site restrictions.
Working within a small team in the depot.
Experience and Required Skills
• Good general physical fitness.
• Must be willing to work as part of a vital part of process
• Ability to work as an individual as well as part of a team
• Has a strong work ethic.
• Flexible attitude to working.
• Capable of working to and achieving set targets/deadlines.
Work Experience/Qualifications required
• Basic understanding and acceptance of Health & Safety rules.
• Good mix of general maintenance skills.
• Competent in the use of basic hand/power tools.
• Must have the ability to work efficiently to deadlines as part of a production line type environment.
• Ideally has the understanding of the mechanics of wet blasting and application to obtain the best finish on the product.
Please note this role is physically demanding due to the nature of the work.
Must be willing to perform physical repetitive operation of heavy-duty equipment for majority of a work shift.
Willingness to work outside