Key Success Factors
• Establish effective working relationships with colleagues and suppliers
• Compliance with operations and procurement policies and processes. • Have full working knowledge of Navision
• Exercise effective cost control of purchases of materials and services.
• Effective control over materials supply function.
• Reviewed all current stock and identified any none moving items for disposal, and put in place robust reorder points to eliminate stock out’s
Success in 12 months:
• Have a strong relationship in place with key suppliers and contractors to develop continuous improvement in key areas of the supply chain.
• Working with procurement to improve the robustness of the supply chain, particularly increasing the size and range of fit-out contractors available to OSS.
• Delivering an efficient customer-focused supply chain service to the factory.
Success in 2 years:
• Use skills and knowledge to help develop and train new members of staff
• Achieved cost reduction and value enhancement in the supply chain through continuous improvement.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Identify and plan to flush the warehouse of ageing stock
• Rationalise and the efficient use of warehouse space
• Plan, co-ordinate and monitor the receipt, storage and dispatch of goods
• Drive a zero tolerance mindset for deviation from the use of quality processes to ensure customer deliveries are met fully
• Understand customer needs and ensure alignment with the needs/commitments of the business
• Plan future capacity requirements
• Ensure inventories are accurate and control inventory levels by ensuring physical counts are conducted and reconciled with automated system utilising help of the warehouse team
• Ensure the relevance and accuracy of all documentation relating to goods in and goods out including labelling of all stock items
• Ensure that any IT and automated systems are accurate and up to date
• Ensure efficient and effective use of warehouse space to include layout and future capacity requirements
• Review ways to reduce waste
• Develop and maintain metrics/KPIs, reports, process documentation, customer service logs and training and safety records
• Create policies and procedures for warehouse activities and ensure all systems meet the standards for accreditation in line with the quality systems
• Continuously review ways to aid efficiency, add value and reduce costs as well as delivering continuous improvement initiatives
• Create and implement best practice warehousing principles, policies and processes
• Ensure that health and safety meets the required standards and that risk assessments are carried out
•Ensure any hazardous materials are stored in accordance with requirements
• Establish, monitor and maintain high standards of security in the warehouse by setting security procedures
• Ensure that vehicles, machinery and equipment is well maintained and fit for purpose • Ensure that all lifting and manoeuvring of product is carried out in accordance with manual handling procedures
• Ensure that staff comply to health, safety and environmental regulations and work safely to protect themselves and others in the warehouse environment
Experience and Required Skills
• Good communication skills.
• The ability to give clear instruction to their team.
• Motivation and change management skills.
• The ability to plan their team’s workload to ensure all targets/deadlines are met.
• The ability to deal with conflict in a professional manner.
• Strong management skills and in particular evaluate their staff’s abilities and formulate a plan of training to develop them.
• Organised and motivated with the ability to achieve targets under pressure.
• The ability to instill standards in their teams and manage to those standards.
Work Experience/additional information:
• FLT Licence.
• Proven experience of managing a team is preferable.
• Full UK driving Licence.
• A good understanding of lean principles.
• Must be computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Office.
• Willingness to work flexible hours; including long days, weekends and occasional nights where necessary.