Following our success earlier this year on our first Temporary Tesco Extra Store at Crewe, Elliott have designed and installed a permanent Tesco Extra Store, working in partnership with Johnson Construction offering a total turnkey solution on an old bus station in Hawkhurst.
This project demonstrates just how much ‘Modular’ has developed over recent years, providing an extremely cost-effective solution, even against traditional build, whilst ensuring minimal disruption for local residents who were originally opposed to a new store. With less noise, less vehicles arriving at site, and reducing the overall programme by 9 weeks, to their delight and that of the retailer, it enabled Tesco to trade well before Christmas.
- 26 modules (14m long)
- Product – Classic Hybrid
- Total store floor area 10,000 sq ft
- Double glazed solid clear safety glass
- Double glazed, solid clear safety glass fully automatic doors
- Swedecor tile flooring to store area
- White Polyester powder coated steel ceiling
- Cash office ceiling lined internally with gauge mesh overclad
- Full integrated panelling system (IPS) to vanity units and WCs
- Large open spaces created with removable steelwork
- Enhanced External finish with a pitched roof to ensure a permanent appearance was achieved, completely fitting into its local environment within a residential area and meeting stringent planning conditions.
Elliott provided the modular permanent ten thousand square foot retail store, thus providing Tesco with a flexible, quickly installed (9 weeks less than traditional build), and high quality retail space ensuring that Tesco minimised disruption to the local area and could open their new store much sooner.